Assistant Director of Pharmacy
* Supervise pharmacists and pharmacy supportive personnel
o Maintain schedules for staff
* Maintain, and update a pharmacy Policy and Procedure manual for the department
* Participate in the hospital P&T committee, assuring (but not limited to) the following items are part of the committee meetings: current drug trends, formulary additions, formulary deletions, annual formulary approval, non-formulary drug use, drug shortages, cost control initiatives, updates to the Policy and Procedure manual, annual review of order sets and protocols, black box warning, ADR reporting, pharmacy intervention reporting, controlled substance audit reporting, automation reporting.
* Assist with the Antibiotic Stewardship program, in conjunction with multidisciplinary team members.
* Participate in hospital committee meetings necessary to enhance practice and patient care
* Meet or exceed all Accreditation Bodies (TJC, DNV, CMS, BOP) standards related to pharmacy
* Assure there is a process for patient and department charges, and that they are accurately and timely posted to accounts
* Purchase drugs and supplies in accordance with GPO bids and Steward Health Care best demonstrated practices
* Assist in the development and maintenance of information systems and other technology applications within the Pharmacy
* Use current best practices in formulary and cost control
o Use Steward Health Care applications, to analyze data and manage clinical initiatives
* Responsible for all drug storage areas in accordance with legal and best demonstrated practice
* Oversee preparation and delivery of medication throughout the hospital
* Establish standards and training for sterile product preparation in compliance with USP 795/797/800 non-sterile and sterile preparation standards, including annual review of master formulation records
* Assist with the pharmacy quality activities
* Assist with the medication safety program.
* Achieve acceptable scores on operations assessments/audits (PPA, Regulatory, Accreditation, BOP, etc)
* Arrange/conduct hospital and pharmacy orientation for new hires within 60 days
* Assist in the develop and implement a training and competency program for all staff and maintain records of those completed competencies
* Assist the Director with the pharmacy budget and all aspects related to the financial program.
o Reconcile financial information and communicate on a timely basis
* Assure approval of MUE criteria, perform MUE, and report results in committee meetings
* Assure adequate control and documentation of controlled substances
o Has Power of Attorney to order Schedule II drugs
* Ensure documentation for all drug recalls
* Attends and participates in departmental meetings, in-services, and quality improvement programs
o Maintains all required training and education per department requirements.
* Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Complies with all requirements related to risk management, safety, security, fire, and infection control. Complies with all applicable state, local and federal regulations
SECONDARY POSITION ROLES:
* Maintains safety-integrity-professionalism of pharmacy at all times
* Provide in-services to staff and hospital professional staff
* Assure acquisition and renewal of all pharmacy licenses and permits and staff licenses
o Annually review licenses for staff via Board of Pharmacy website
* Direct monthly medication area inspections and have supporting documentation
* Conducts periodic staff meetings
* Perform special projects as requested
* Perform as Staff Pharmacist as needed
* Wears hospital badge identification while on duty.
* Meets dress code standards; appearance is neat and clean. Is conscientious in regard to personal hygiene.
* Treats patients and families with respect and dignity. Assures confidentiality of patient records.
* Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
* Assists in the resolution of problems or concerns while being a supportive team member.
* Consistently strives to promote great customer service in all aspects of the job.
qual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled